Abuse and harassment tolerated by Patreon

I’ve been the target of a harassment campaign by a person using Patreon for funds for over 3 years now. Patreon has been made aware numerous times, but they keep allowing this creator to continue on their platform. I just want to let everyone know what the company is supporting.

The person’s name is Dax Herrera (The Dick Show). He regularly has a guest on his show named Nick Rekieta who has appeared in blackface:

Herrera’s official subreddit regularly posts extremist content:

He is promoted on white nationalist websites:

He regularly encourages people to commit suicide (including me):

He hosts guests on his podcast who have made threats towards YouTube’s CEO, like this 14-year-old named “Soph” who has been suspended on YouTube:

This is an example of Soph’s Islamophobic comments. Herrera not only platforms her, he created a “Patreon alternative” named newproject2 and stole Patreon’s design and functionality, and now he hosts Soph and allows her to get funds through his website:

On September 12, 2019, Herrera attacked a 16-year-old rape victim and defended the guy in the child sex case:

I’ve alerted Patreon numerous times to this person’s abuse on their platform, but they continue to allow it. What do you guys think?

Also Dax Herrera has praised white nationalist Richard Spencer:

Here’s some of the choice words he likes to call me on Twitter:

Patreon has suspended Milo Yiannopoulos from their platform, and they “don’t allow association with or supporting hate groups on Patreon:”

Yet Dax Herrera has appeared on Milo’s show numerous times and has invited him onto his Patreon-funded podcast:

This is from Dax Herrera’s website:

What do you guys think of Patreon allowing this guy on their platform?

Hi Maddox,

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

If you have doubts about one of our creators, please send us a report through our official channels; you can learn how to do this here. If you have questions or concerns about our community and content guidelines, we welcome you to write to us at guidelines@patreon.com.

The Trust & Safety team investigates each report thoroughly, but we don’t share details related to our investigation or any actions that might be taken as a direct result of the investigation.

Finally, please note that we don’t comment on ongoing litigation cases.