Add a notification bubble next on the Community tab, please

Bottom line up front: My major pain point of missing community posts could be resolved easily if there was a little notification bubble, like I get with new messages, next to the Community tab label.

Hey team,

I get (and send) a lot of emails from Patreon. It’s a flurry. I have most of them filtered out in gmail so I only see ones that really matter to me, but plenty still get through that I always end up wishing I’d seen.

Notably, when patrons leave a post on the Community tab of my page, I often go months without knowing it. That’s super not great, considering I’m posting something every single day and should be aware of it.

I, like many other creators, probably live in that perpetual 99+ notifications zone in the top right corner, which is also not great. That notification screen alone needs some thought put into it, but isn’t the focus of this post.

My major pain point of missing community posts could be resolved easily if there was a little notification bubble, like I get with new messages, next to the Community tab label.

Thanks!

9 Likes

I just discovered message there from July! And no notifications! That’s just unacceptable!

1 Like

A separate notification icon for comments would be ace as well. I don’t even know what this Community tab is? Is it possible to see it in the smartphone app?

1 Like

Seconded, this just would make sense. I too have missed community posts (admittedly they rarely happen) but feel awful commenting on them months later! And yeah, the notifications page that there is at the moment could be much improved.

1 Like

Yes, yes, yes, and yes again! With the option to receive a notification for “every” comment whether it’s to me or someone else. Also for the people who post here. The Community has huge potential, but seems unloved by TPTB.