Add Instagram to Social Media Links

I would very much appreciate the ability to add a social media link to Instagram to my page, next to the happy icons for FB and YouTube. I think there are a lot of us in the visual arts areas using IG as a way to connect with people interested in our work.

Please throw your visual artists a bone!

10 Likes

YES PLEASE. All my activity is centered on Instagram. It has a far greater reach than FB pages, and only a minority of people have a youtube channel.

3 Likes

As a visual artist, I sort of feel like a bald-headed step-child on Patreon, where tools are clearly focused on those who make music, or podcasts, or games, rather than those who draw and paint.

While I do have a considerable amount of stuff on YouTube, because I film as I paint, I think it’s short-sighted not to have a standardized link to the one visual platform most of us use.

2 Likes

Bald-headed step-child here, again, asking for a social media link to Instagram.

3 Likes

I very much agree with this. And maybe allow us to put in custom ones too :confused:

2 Likes

God yes. INSTAGRAM. VIMEO. CUSTOM LINKS. It can’t be too hard, right?

2 Likes

Ha! I actually thought this was a product manager posting about this, but will tag @erin into this too. I know this has been a huge ask and we have discussed this internally.

2 Likes

Me too - I’ve been asking for this for a while. As a 2D visual creator, it makes more sense for me to be on Instagram than Youtube. I create shareable photos of my art/sketches/etc all the time, but I don’t make videos.

2 Likes

Hi folks - this is on our (very long) list of things we want to do for y’all. Just wanted to make sure you know it’s on our list! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Has any progress been made with this internally at Patreon? It seems to be such a simple request.
Or at least adding a custom/generic field where Creators can add their own link…
Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi there! Thanks for the nudge on this. We’re currently full steam ahead planning Q4 - let me ask the Product team if this is something they are prioritizing in Q4 and I’ll get back to you.

2 Likes

Cool, thank you!
I’ll be at Patrecon in LA, maybe there will be some news by then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

closed because this feature was added!