Anybody experiencing issues with Vimeo?

Hi all, I hope all is well.

I am experiencing a bit of trouble, with Vimeo. I am trying to make a new video post for my patrons. I have uploaded it to Vimeo as usual, let it process etc etc, and the private link does not seem to work.

When I copy/paste the link in the designated area, nothing happens (no preview or anything). Even upon completing the post, I cannot publish it because Patreon doesn’t seem to “see” the video. All settings are correct as usual, on Vimeo…

What am I doing wrong? Is anybody else experiencing this, or am I just a goof?

Any insight is highly welcomed.

Many thanks!
Kindest regards,
Geoffrey

2 Likes

Make sure that if you have it set so it can’t be embedded anywhere that you change that to “specific sites” and add Patreon.com to the list.

2 Likes

No the vimeo upload and link sharing function is definitely broken right now. Even public videos cant be shared. Youtube works fine

3 Likes

I noticed this as well on Sunday and it is still the same this Monday morning here in the UK. Anything I have scheduled which are for my Vimeo video links are not showing and are not being recognised. Why is this Patreon? I have a lot of very upset Patrons. Now I have to upload everything again to YouTube as unlisted, people can still copy the tutorial links there, (hence using Vimeo privately), which is a massive pain especially on a very slow upload speed! Paul

2 Likes

I did exactly that. Still doesn’t work. It must be something else, but thank you for your useful input.

1 Like

Ok, so I am not alone. That is reassuring. I am terrible at understanding computer program logic. As long as it works, all is well, but is something goes South, then I lose it…
I am also running late now. I will try that “unlisted Youtube” technique. It should serve well as a temporary solution. Thank you for your input.

2 Likes

Broken for me too. Hope Patreon fixes it today!

1 Like

Hi all, thanks for writing in! We have identified issues with posts that attempt to embed links within them, specifically Vimeo. We’re working on it as we speak!

2 Likes

Awesoooome! Go Reyna! (and all those involved in fixing the issue). I don’t know how you do it. Are you secretly a wizard? Many thanks, in any case.

1 Like