Are post tags discoverable?

Okay, so this might be a silly question, but are the tags that we give our posts discoverable in terms of onsite/offsite SEO or just for page organization? If they aren’t, would it be possible to make them that way, or to add another field for post meta-tags that were discoverable, but otherwise hidden so as not to clutter up the page/post? I’d think this could really help increase a page’s discoverability if they were. If they’re not though and won’t be made to be, I’d really like to know so that I can try and do some tag clean-up on my page. I keep thinking of tags in terms of searching and not in terms of post organization so am probably using more than I actually need to. Thanks!

I have the same problem as you, thinking they had an external visibility function I used more of them than needed (since they actually serve to organize posts) ^___^

1 Like

They really should have both! Visible tags for organization, and hidden meta-tags for helping a post/page be discovered more readily. I remember when I first was looking into Patreon a couple years ago that if I did a search for something it used to give me the option to see either creator’s pages or a post/creation that used that term. This was back before I joined, but, afterwards, it’s only ever shown pages, never posts/creations. Not sure when, how, or why this was changed, but I wish it hadn’t.

I have no idea, I don’t know if they’ve ever said either way? I went through a phase of doing a lot of tag-organisation/SEO-ing but I doubt it did anything except make my life easier.