Convert post type

It would be great if we could covert post types instead of having to create new ones. I sometimes start off with a post type and then realize I need to change it to another. It’s such a schlep starting over!

18 Likes

This is a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing @Sibuor, I’m sorry about how much of a schlep it is right now needing to start over each time. This idea ties nicely into the feedback around being able to create template posts or duplicate previously published ones to save time too. I’ll pass this on to our product teams in our monthly feedback meeting :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

oh i would also like this. i always mash the text one on instinct

2 Likes

This is feature I would absolutely love too! I have been looking for it for ages. Thanks for raising it Sibuor!

2 Likes

YES! I was gonna suggest the same thing! :100:
It’s quite a pain having to temporarily copy + paste my content elsewhere (and usually lose some formatting) to avoid losing content.

Especially since the first time I realised this, I found out “The Hard Way” and lost everything!
(Was about a year ago now, so I’ve recovered from the trauma :wink:)

2 Likes

I need this feature too! Right not so long ago I accidentally made a post with wrong type but I could not recreate it anew to not break the general order of posts (some more posts were created after that one and they must stay displayed after it). So this would be very useful thing.

2 Likes

Yes Please! The number I times I start a text post, only to realize half-way through writing it it’s better served as an image or link! :laughing:

3 Likes

I agree. Sometimes when I edit a video post on mobile it converts it into a text post. I have to just go back and inset a link in the text body.

2 Likes

Another solution would be to get rid of post types altogether. It’s unnecessarily confining. The different types could just be optional parts of every post. Maybe I want to post an article with 3 galleries embedded at certain points or a tutorial with 6 individual videos and so on.

8 Likes

^^^^ This would be perfect! And solve several problems at once!

4 Likes

Any movement or updates on this? Would love for this (or @TypographyGuru’s idea) to be implemented. Finished a post, made it, received comments, then realized that I selected the wrong post type. Don’t want to delete and re-create because I’ll lose the comments.

2 Likes