Donation Declined help

Not sure if I post here, but I have a question regarding my subscriptions and payment options.

I want to subscribe to a channel using a prepaid mastercard, and I was able to subscribe to one last month. But when it went for renewal it said it was declined even though I had enough funds on the card.

I reached out to support, but am not sure if they will actually respond, that’s why I came here.
I don’t want to link a bank account or use my personal info, that’s why I want to use a prepaid card with like $200 on it and just let the automatic payments pull from it every month.

Did I do something wrong or how can I check?

Currently we do not accept prepaid cards, so be sure to use a valid credit card, or PayPal account.

Source.

1 Like

I set it through paypal, and the first month of donations did go through. Just not the second month of donations. Is this normal because Patreon wont work with Prepaid cards in general?

And is there an alternative option I can use? I really don’t want to link my bank to anything.

Thank you!

That is likely the case. But, if you won’t have your bank connected to a PayPal account, you could apply for a PayPal cash card. And use that to add money to your account, thus giving the option to use Paypal as your payment method. Now I’ve never used this method, myself, but it appears to be a solution for you.

To add money to your account using the PayPal Cash Card , first apply for the card. Once you have received the card, you can then add funds to your PayPal Cash Plus account using your PayPal Cash Card at more than 85,000 retail locations nationwide.