Facebook Pixel?

We run a Facebook page with 1.5million followers - the ability to place a Facebook Pixel on our ‘Thank You Page’ means any $ spent on Facebook ads will be optimized towards conversions. Right now, we are completely shooting in the dark, not being able to know if/how our paid FB campaigns are even converting.

We’ve been asking Patreon for this for months, is there an official response on timeline for this, or if not, why?

5 Likes

Hey! Thanks for the post. I’ll bring it up in my meeting with the product team today and hopefully get an update for you.

3 Likes

Amazing thank you!

1 Like

hi there! I wanted to follow up. the product team agreed that is definitely a request they’ve been hearing for a while! it’s not on the road map for q3 at this time but there is a work around now that we have integrated with Google Analytics - you can add the GA UTM to the FB ad and track it that way. do you have a GA account? let me know if you’d like more info on how to do this - it would mean you could track the conversion from FB to your Patreon, and how many ultimately became patrons.

Hi mindy! yes, we have a GA account and would like to learn this trick - send more info!

However… the real value in the Facebook Pixel is that Facebook optimizes your spending to put your ad in the right time in front of the right people with the highest chance of conversion aka most likely to become patrons… that’s really where we’ve seen HUGE results in the past with other platforms - and the workaround you suggested above won’t work for this purpose as technically there is NO Facebook pixel installed on the page :roll_eyes:

1 Like

sending you a DM now!

I would love to know what the status is on FB Pixel integration. This is high on my list because I also run FB ads.

It should be quite easy to integrate Standard Events - since there’s very few events that Patreon really needs to cover.

Any update on this? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually came to the forums to ask this very question. I’d love to know who has visited my Patreon feed but is NOT a subscriber. Basically, I’d love to target ads at people that actually visited patreon but didnt convert for some reason.

2 Likes

Yeah, being able to monitor conversions, as in people becoming patrons, from Facebook ads would be really useful

2 Likes

@mindy is this on the roadmap at all?

2 Likes

Hey @keepitreal and others who are desperate for this feature, I unfortunately have no update to give you at this time. about when this will appear on the roadmap. We judge what to build next based on what and how large the impact it will have for the most amount of creators when it comes it attracting and keeping patrons. If you could share more info about how the pixel would help you do that, I can relay it to the product team as they are scoping for Q1 2020. Thank you so much for all your feedback on this matter so far.

1 Like

Hi @mindy, long story short, the ability to place a Facebook Pixel means we will be able to acquire more new patrons through Facebook advertising (includes both Facebook ads & Instagram ads).

Facebook tracking pixel data helps ensure your ads are seen by the people who are most likely to take your desired action. This allows you to improve your Facebook ad conversion rate and get better ROI.

There’s more information about conversion optimization here: https://blog.hootsuite.com/facebook-pixel/

1 Like

Hello

I would love to have more user information to enhance my system. Extracting Facebook Pixel Data would be awesome.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hey folks,

Exciting update! We are running an alpha test for creators who are running ads and want tracking code on their page. We’re looking for creators who are planning to run ads in the next month or two and want to participate. If you’re interested, please send me a message on this forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes!!! DM’ed you

1 Like

Hello Mindy,

are there any updates on the integration of a Facebook pixel on the ‘thank you’ page?
I’m running ads for all other products/online courses and sadly can’t do that for Patreon, since I can’t track each successful conversion :slight_smile:

I’d love to start as soon as possible, please let me know if you are still testing or if the issue is resolved already! Thank you so much, have a great day!

1 Like

Hi Mindy!

…Not sure if I’m late to the game on this alpha test (as this thread entry is from November), but I will be running ads this month and would be interested in participating in the alpha test if you are still offering it.

Thank you in advance! :guitar:

1 Like

Hello @Bernd_Brodtrager! Yes, that is now fixed. The installation includes being able to track each stage of the process including seeing when someone actually pledges, and the amount.

@Flamenco4U not too late to join! I’ll let the team know you’re interested in joining and they will reach out to you.

Hey Mindy,

thanks so much for the quick reply, so happy to hear that! :slight_smile:
One final question concerning the integration - can I just add the Pixel by switching to HTML in the welcome note text and pasting the Pixel code? Or are any further steps required?

My webmaster/ad agency is usually doing that for the courses but I don’t want to just give away my Patreon logins like that - so it would be great if I can do it on my own :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your help with this!

1 Like

Hi @mindy,

We’d also love to be considered for the alpha. We are looking to run Facebook Ads as soon as possible - our ads are mocked up and ready to go - and conversion tracking would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks for your consideration.

-Team Kimbra

1 Like