Feature Request - Staggered Release

Let me explain:

I would like a feature for posts that is similar to the public ‘Set Access’ feature. This allows your posts to go public after a certain time period.
Is it possible to do the same, but for different pledge levels?

I don’t paywall my content (except a few minor things) and all of it eventually goes public. So, the current feature is great. However, if I want my Patrons to access it at different times based on pledge level, I can’t.

I have 3 pledge levels, and my $5 pledge grants access to videos as I make them - a new video every week.
My $2 pledge gives you access to 2 new videos per month, and my $1 is for 1 new video per month.
But, after 3 to 4 weeks, I begin releasing the previous $5 only videos to the $2 and $1 Patrons.
Currently, the only way I can do this is to manually go in and change the post.

As one might guess, this gets a difficult when you make several posts per week, as I do.

I’d love to be able to stagger the release of each post to Patrons, as well as the public.

4 Likes

Uploading…

is it possible that you could use the scheduling feature?

I do. The problem then is that $5 pledges see the same post 3 times. Which exacerbates the problem with browsing content even further.

I want one post to release at different times for different patrons without duplicating posts.

2 Likes

ah, i see the inherent issue. yes…

what about reworking your tier level rewards? maybe the solution is just restructuring? obvious, i have no idea… if you can, but, i know that we’ve reworked our rewards out many times so ensure coverage and tier level.

1 Like

I second this. I have posts which I’d like to do a similar thing with.

1 Like

I was just about to post a topic asking if this was possible in the current system. I would also like the ability to set a post so that it would go to a certain tier and then release to a lower tier a few days later.

I don’t know how easy or hard this would be to do, but if it’s possible for Patreon to add this feature without too much trouble, I would very much appreciate it.