I couldn’t find a discussion post about this so opening a new one. Feel free to merge/close if I missed an existing topic
This is a topic about the Creator Page - Patrons View - Design. The one any creator sees for their page as default, and the page patrons see when pledged.
A discussion about the landing page (Non-patrons view) is here: Feedback on Creator Landing Page Experiment.
(Disclaimer: I’m giving my own thoughts on the topic, and I’m well aware that others might not agree with me, which is why I would love this to be a discussion.)
So after giving the new creators page a chance for a while, I feel like it could be made better than what it is. For several reasons:
- The first tab - posts. I can’t really explain it, but it just feel… meh… to look at. For me it feels uninviting/unwelcoming to look at and definitely not scroll down on. Note that in the reference below the page is zoomed out. At 100%, the image gets cropped at around the pockets.
- My membership tab - it feel so disorganized and has no flow. Why is the “About creator” down at the bottom of this page? Who will know to look for it there? It’s unintuitive.
- The left side of the page, under the profile pic is SO EMPTY. It just feels wrong to waste all that space. It makes no sense not to add the tiers and the goals there, and to hide them away in the membership tab.
- Community tab - random tier select area?
Current Design for reference:
I’ve created a mock-up of the changes I think should happen (some of the elements have been stretched to fit, my apologies ).
They are arranged, from left to right, in the way I think they should be organized, meaning “My Membership” will be first.
Mock-up for Changes:
Breakdown of changes:
- Your Tiers and Goals moved from “My Membership” under the profile pic area (goals above tiers).
- Increased the size of “A welcome from” and put the the benefits to its side.
- Removed the random tier select from Community.
- Move the “About Creator” into its own tab.
Some questions open for discussion:
- Honestly, I’m conflicted by “My Membership” and “Posts” for first tab, so more thoughts on this needed.
- Posts tab - what are your thoughts? Is there a better layout it could have?
- Any other things you would change?
Sorry for the long post, here’s your potato