Gallery view for visual artists (as opposed to infinite scroll)

Right now I’m directing people to my tumblr archive if they want to view my entire body of work and it’s so silly. It should benefit patreon to keep patrons on their site, no?

3 Likes

Yes great idea. I had a patron complaining to me how he can’t search easily for anything especially as he was new and not sure what was even available on the channel.

5 Likes

Yes, i’ve been asking for this for YEARS too. I don’t see why it can’t be easily implemented. PLEASE patreon!!

3 Likes

I’d also like to say that I’d prefer some sort of better organisation for patreon pages. I’m a writer so any of my new patrons joining have to scroll through endless posts if they want to get to a certain chapter of a story. I use tags to catalog them but its still extremely confusing for my patrons.

Could we please get some sort of gallery or folders added to patreon so we can organise posts better? That would be a tremendous help for creators and our patrons.

4 Likes

Hi all, just want to pop in and say we’re noting all of this feedback. We’re not able to implement every suggestion or prioritize them above what we’re currently working on, but please know we’re listening and appreciate all the thoughtful comments!

1 Like

Literally, for years, myself and MANY other creators have asked for a Gallery feature. I can show you hundreds of screenshots of exit surveys saying “too hard to find content”.

EDIT: I can also show you many posts on this same forum from long ago where creators have asked for this feature. This cant be that hard. Its just a folder where we can stick content. That’s it.

Please, just give us a big fat, impossible to miss, GALLERY where we can post completed content for our subscribers.

Please. Help.

Here are some examples of Patreon feedback from exit surveys: ALL of these would have been solved with a simple gallery.

7 Likes

Wow it is painful to look at those surveys, Patreon really shooting themselves and their creators in the foot by refusing to add this feature. Maybe our cries will be heard this time? My sympathies to you for those patrons lost through no fault of your own. :frowning:

5 Likes

It’s time to message the staff on linkedin and youtube. what on earth this issue is not a priority after many requests???

Please, Jack CEO’s Patreon, Many creators like me have been requesting a feature to improve the scrolling experience on Patreon, mainly to provide to our patrons better UI during their navigation in our contents, the Infinite scrolling experience is very hard and sometimes laggy, (Just the current Tags system is not enough) Please add Filters and gallery to display small posts like videos and thumbnails, take a look at the Forum it’s being hard to claim to this feature. many years and requesting a nothing has been done… Should we quit from patreon and start our own business page?

6 Likes

After seeing how patreon doesn’t really seem to value us enough to make improvements to their platform, if a competitor were to show up that actually listened to user feedback I’d take my business over to them in a heartbeat. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Hello all! My name is Ursula and I lead the product teams focused on the fan and patron experience at Patreon. We deeply appreciate you taking the time to share your experience; the collective feedback from all our creators and patrons helps us identify how to best improve our product. We definitely heard from patrons about the difficulty in finding benefits and earlier this year we introduced a membership page that summarizes benefits, improved the filter functionality on the post page, and added a search post option. We are also currently looking closely at how content is presented on Patreon. It’s too early to share design explorations, and I can’t offer a timeline, but we will be sure to reach out to creators and patrons for continued feedback.

3 Likes

Seeing as this relatively simple feature has been requested for years and never been made a reality, my hopes and expectations are being kept extremely low! :grin: Thanks for your response.

3 Likes

thanks for the response.

but unfortunately, the membership tab is still basically useless as it still relies on infinite scroll which does not work. even if patrons search my tags or key words, they’re going to get HUNDREDS of posts labelled ‘cosplay’. How do they know what to search for? What if I have content they didn’t even know about? What about the creators who have been making content for years and years before the search function was implimented? Their content isn’t going to be as consistently tagged.

i’m grateful for your keeping in touch with creators and responding to our posts but my expectations are on the floor for actual positive change for my user experience on this site.

6 Likes

Ursula - please look at the picture I posted in the first post of this thread:

This, I believe, is what 99% of artists want. Just a button that says gallery. If you need examples of how the gallery itself will look, let us know. Tags, membership page, etc do not come anywhere close to what we want.

We want a BIG, EASY TO FIND, GALLERY button that allows access to our “completed” content. If you need ANY HELP. Please let me know and I can provide examples, ideas, and show you what we are looking for.

5 Likes

@ursula We need a GALLERY. Please I am literally begging you. You wanna make money off of it? Maybe give us a little bit for free and charge us $3-$5 per month to store our files on your servers like DropBox…

Just please, give us a GALLERY. A bit fat clickable icon that has ALL of our content in one simple to use place.

5 Likes

I would LOVE this feature implemented! I’m just starting out but I can see how bad it could get as more content is posted, I think this way it wouldn’t feel too overwhelming to browse! [It could also be separated by month to some degree]

1 Like

@maddestmao - yeah, the same response to all these requests for years has been ‘we are listening to your requests, thank you they are very helpful’ - and they don’t do them. I’m not sure why. This is why I’m now leaving patreon. I’ve built my own membership site and already I have a search bar which searches all posts I have made (no tags needed) - if they search ‘dragon’ - then any post with dragon art will come up… etc. It’s not really hard so I don’t get why they’ve not done it.

2 Likes

They just don’t care. I deleted my creator page and moved to Ko-fi. They’re running a racket here.

2 Likes

ko-fi handles great, but they’re not NSFW-friendly, so I can’t use it fully :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be moving to BuyMeACoffee as soon as they implement tiered membership, which is being worked on (promised in the next few weeks).

Gumroad allows NSFW. And Twitter is now making their own system, though it’s not out just yet. They seem more relaxed on NSFW in general, so we’ll see how they handle NSFW in their subscription service.

2 Likes