German creators: W8BEN form question

Hi,

are any Germany-based creators around here? I have absolutely no idea how to fill out Part II 9 and 10 of my W8BEN form and my researches have brought me no answer. Even my mum (tax professional of the family :joy:) cannot help me. And I suck at understanding complicated “paragraph-language” in these 50+ page long explanations on how to fill out a simple tax form… :joy::joy::joy: I am an EU citizen based in germany. What paragraph and percentage do I enter in Part II of the form? Help…please…? :joy::joy::joy:

Thank you :blush:
-mara

3 Likes

Hi @samarasArt I’m not a creator, but part of Patreon team in Europe. If you’re filling this form out as an individual, you most likely can leave part 10 blank HOWEVER I’d suggest to have that run by your accountant nevertheless.

It sounds like you have done your research, but here are some links which may be useful for you:

Good luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much, i will look into that :blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

Hey, did you manage to find your answers?
I am German based, filled the form maybe 3 years ago (I don’t remember lol) and am not sure what I wrote into the form, but if you tell me what is the question asked I probably remember how to deal with it.
Liebe Grüße

2 Likes

Hi, sorry for late reply. I still haven’t figured it out :smiley:

This part gives me trouble (highlighted)

1. Special rates and conditions (if applicable—see instructions): The beneficial owner is claiming the provisions of Article and paragraph (???)
    of the treaty identified on line 9 above to claim a (???)
    % rate of withholding on (specify type of income):
    “digital artwork”

Explain the reasons the beneficial owner meets the terms of the treaty article:
(???)

danke im voraus und liebe grüße :smiley: