In case you missed it, we posted up a blog earlier this week to recap the changes we’ve made and the impact they’re having for creators and some of what we’ll be focusing on in the rest of 2020.
The last 6 months we’ve been hard at work testing, exploring, and releasing changes to Patreon with the goal of helping creators get more patrons and keep them around for longer. We zoomed the fan → patron journey and focused on the helping fans understand the value of membership and new patrons find that value immediately. While rapid testing and changes are cooling down we’ll always be on the lookout for ways to help you get more patrons that are backed up by our previous research, such as standardized benefit icons.
For the rest of 2020, we are going to zoom out from our hyper-focus on the creator page and post pledge experience, to focus on areas that many creators have brought up here in the forums could help them create deeper and unique relationships with their patrons for years to come.
With that in mind, we’ll turn our attention to making sure that patrons and creators are delighted with their experience using the messaging feature with unified message threads, search, and bulk messaging. We’ll give you more data on patrons in one simple to use interface to cut down on time-consuming workarounds that make your membership management feel like a chore.
Here are some other highlights from the blog:
- 20% more fans are choosing to become patrons since the changes made to the landing page. Super big shout out to all the folks who provided valuable feedback during this process.
- We’ve continued to monitor average pledge size($) and overall found no decrease
New Patron Experience
- Due to changes in the post-pledge experience, 8% fewer patrons are deleting their pledge in the first 7 days.
- Creators can tailor the first moments of membership to create a unique connection with new patrons
Global Creator Community
- We started support for multiple currencies, so now, creators can launch with their choice of GBP, Euro, or USD
- We launched global shipping for Merch for Membership. Since then, we’ve shipped exclusive merch on behalf of creators to patrons in over 70 countries.
Setting our sights for the rest of 2020
- Improved Messaging
- More data on patrons
- Merch for everyone
- Currency choice
Check out the full post over on our blog.