How engage interested patrons who are unsure about committing

How do you guys handle people who are interested in patreon but aren’t sure if they want to commit yet? I’ve been thinking about creating a landing page to capture their details and then engage them with an email series as well as one on one discussions. I also created a $1 “trial” tier where people can get a little sample of everything. I’d love to hear your ideas.

2 Likes

For me, truly engaging them with honest conversation has been the biggest help. My patreon is still very small (around 70 subscribers), but I’ve found when people reach out, I’m honest about what my patreon is doing, how her or his subscription helps, and being very candid about how they can take advantage of the patreon is extremely beneficial.

I think an email campaign is a key too. I haven’t experimented much with it, but I know it often works on me, and it can be a great way to engage people in a different way than social media.

6 Likes

Cool! So what do you have a in the email campaign to convert leads?

1 Like

I still don’t have any patrons on my account, but I find engaging with people a lot on social media sites like Twitter and Instagram is helping me get in touch with many people. So, I’ll just keep on using my social media sites to engage with more people!

1 Like

Cool. What do you say to them? Do you talk specifically about your patreon profile?

1 Like

I occasionally talk about my patreon account, but I mostly talk about what is going on in the movies and TV shows we watch. How often should I talk about my patreon account to people on social media?

1 Like

Discord has really been helpful on that front.
Simply talking, having fun, and showing some free previews can help people get interested and feel more trusting in pledging. Especially if it is their first time pledging.
By having an online forum it removes that barriers many people feel when deciding to pledge.

The way Patreon and Discord works together also really helps on that. Giving them unique ‘roles’ for the different tiers gives many other people the desire to pledge and get a nice colored role to feel part of the community.

2 Likes

Awesome! What do you say on Discord to get people interested in checking out your Patreon account?

I never really tell anyone to check my patreon account out but more the discord layout of mine can attract people.
Right now it has a very forum style over it with many channels people can visit.
Rules, announcement, general chat, theories, different patron channels (easy with Patreon and discord integration), relax channels such as music and nsfw channels.
Overall, just trying to create a community is the goal. The part that could attract people to visit the patreon page will then be the announcement page as all major patreon posts get linked there.