How to setup Google Analytics Goals for New Patron / Thank You Page?

@jbyttow - So… it looks like /membership may not have the Google Tracking installed.

The reason I wonder about that possibility is because when I look at my Google Analytics there’s no URLs showing up with /membership. (I’ve had GA installed for ages on Patreon)

I’ve tried also using that URL to verify my Google Analytics Goal, and GA says that it would not have triggered in the last 7 days (I did get 3 new patrons recently).

Attached are screenshots from my GA

Any ideas? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @chriscade, the engineering team is taking a look! Thanks for flagging.

1 Like

Glad to help!

And for reference, before I was a creator - I was a software tester, software test manager, and software designer - in Silicon Valley for Hitachi & Adobe. So if my testing / expertise can help in diagnosing / troubleshooting / testing, feel free to reach out as needed.

Also, since you’re diving into this for Google Analytics Goals, you should know - I’m a Facebook Pixel beta tester, and my next round of tech stuff will be these exact issues except for Facebook Pixel (which also is not tracking all Patreon URLs).

One thing at a time, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for this!

2 Likes

Awesome :), yes, thanks for that feedback! Our team will have this addressed shortly.

2 Likes

I tried integrating Google Analytics with my Patreon account, but it’s not saving the UA code.

1 Like

Hi @marc, we believed we’ve now fixed this issue! Please let me know if you’re still having problems.

Just curious is patrons who edit their pledge will end up on this same page?
https://www.patreon.com/[vanity]/membership

Checkout Success no longer redirects to BePatreonDone?
I was looking at this video about how to use Analytics with Patreon

They mention you can track conversions by measuring how many users get to the /BePareonDone page, but Im not seeing this anymore in my analytics. Is this information incorrect or outdated?

How can we track daily subscriptions now?
can we use /membership? will this track unique visits?

I hope you can help, Thank you

This should help you! LMK if not :slight_smile:

Thank you, this is helpful. I have a concern tho, the /membership page is also visited when patrons cancel and update their subscription status right? How can I differentiate this from new subscribers?

Looking at it closely, it seems that you are no longer showing the https://www.patreon.com//membership page
On Analytics I have 0 visits to that section and I have been having some new subscribers.

Who would be able to get some clarification?

Thank you.

Any update on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

@chriscade @mindy @jbyttow Did you guys manage to figure out a solution for this? I’m specifically interested in tracking conversions to a particular tier. Is there a way to get the thank you page URL for this tier?

I haven’t seen any updates on this - still waiting for @jbyttow to give an update after he said they were working on it. :slight_smile:

Hey all, we are hard at work and providing a solution and making sure the data is accurate. Apologies for the delay, we will definitely be adding this though.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update! Much appreciated. :slight_smile: And I agree… getting the data accurate is so important for this! Thanks for staying on top of it.

1 Like

OK I’m relieved it’s not just me trying to figure out how to measure conversion goals. Should this still be in a not-working state?

When this is working, it would make a great Patreon blog post so others can refer to it!

2 Likes

Hello, any update on this?
Thank you

I’m also looking for a solution to this, it’s been broken since February :confused:

Please can we have an update? It’s very useful to be able to track which sources of traffic are providing the most conversions.