How to suspend a campaign?

We’re trying to figure out how to suspend one of our campaigns so that our patrons won’t be charged for September. My husband had provided some of the rewards for this month, but he won’t be able to fulfill them all, and doesn’t want the patrons charged for the month. We want to suspend the campaign fairly soon, and will figure out later whether to completely shut it down. My husband has read the help articles on this but doesn’t find specific information on how to be sure the patrons will not be charged for September.

You might want to email support or mention this on Discord.
https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us

Staff don’t reply to threads here anymore.

We’re going to email support, but they sometimes take a rather long time to reply. I don’t use Discord. But thanks!

Hi there. If you are on a monthly billing cycle, you can pause your page for a month. Details on how to do that here:

If you are a paid-post creator, you can “pause” by not releasing a paid post.

If you have any trouble, or need further help, feel free to reach out to our support team directly and they can assist: Submit a request – Patreon Help Center

Thank you very much! We are trying to reach out to support. Waiting to hear back. It is on a monthly billing cycle; can we keep pausing it until we figure out what we’re doing? Thanks!

Yep, you can continue to pause it however long you’d like. It’s a good idea too to notify your patrons when you’re pausing it, and help set expectations as to when you’re likely to resume, so they know what to expect. If you pause one month, you’ll need to make sure to actively pause again if you want to continue to pause the following month, and so on.

Thank you; that’s very helpful!!

1 Like