Ooohh! This is one of my favorite topics. I’m loving that @mindy referenced an article by SarahBurns who is zLadyLuthien on Twitch. As a long time Twitch partner myself, I can say I’ve seen creative streamers integrate patreon rewards in interesting ways.
I think the best way to think about it is to start with the question: ‘What is my programming on Twitch?’
Whatever the primary type of content you plan to stream, you can come up with exclusive perks for people that relate very deeply to that content.
- zLadyLuthien does a monthly paint-along with her patrons that gets people really engaged.
- If you do digital art you can share the raw PSDs of pieces you paint on stream.
- You can give patrons right of first refusal for any pieces you make during a special “patron art” stream
- You can let patrons vote on polls to determine what your next stream topic will be
- Some Twitch bots give you roles that you can assign to chatters, you can create a special role for your patrons at different tiers that gives them other perks (the ability to request songs, double rewards points, the ability to post links without being purged)
- You can have a special community day once a month that patrons can come to stream on
- You can offer critiques on stream to patrons
The possibilities are endless! If you need someone to brainstorm with, I would be more than happy to help anytime.