June Intro Thread!

Greetings, Patreon community!

I can’t believe we’re already in June. 2020 has been a wild year, to say the least. I hope you’re all safe, healthy, and staying creative during this time.

If you’re joining our forum this month, this thread is for you! We want to be able to get to know you as best as we can. Each month, dozens of new creators join the forum and this is a fun way for us to learn who you are. Please follow the format below to share some fun facts about yourself. I’ll go first:

Name: Reyna, she/her/hers

Tell us about your Patreon: I’m not a Patreon creator but I love being a part of the community team and talking with you lovely folks every day.

What’s the story behind your creator name? Back in the day when I was a photographer, I couldn’t come up with witty or punny play on words for a business. So I just stuck with my name. I wanted to keep it simple but mostly I wanted my name attached to work that people recognized. In my ultimate day dream, someone would approach me and go “YOU’RE Reyna!! I love your work in xyz”. I never got there, but one day! :upside_down_face:

Who is your favorite villain? Without a doubt, Bellatrix Lestrange. She was scary and cooky and funny. Umbridge was the type of bad guy you outright hated. Bellatrix had more to her, IMO.

What’s a new skill you want to learn? I want to learn graphic design one day. As a photographer, graphic design feels like it goes hand-in-hand and I’d love to learn how to build a brand identity.

2 Likes

Name: Kiki aka Sistah K
Patreon: We are a podcast and discuss tv, movies and life from a Sistah’s point of view and have over 500 episodes. https://www.patreon.com/sistahspeak
Story behind name: When we started, we did not see many podcasts by people of color or women. We wanted to give our perspective of the world of entertainment and life and Sistah Speak was born.
Favorite Villan: I am a big Firefly fan and one of the creepiest villans was Jubal Early, a bounty hunter.
New skill I want to learn: I would love to learn how to code one day. Just to see if my brain can handle it and be able to apply that knowledge to my current job. :grin:

2 Likes

Hello - My name is Bonnie. I signed up for this site a few years ago and never got into it. I am now stuck back online all the time so I thought I would give this another try. I am already disturbed the format. It seems that there are two types of contributors, the creators and their patrons. There also seems to be a lot of robots who are playing either role (which is why I lost interest last time - the internet is too fake for me).
I have signed up as an educator (creator). I am retired. I ran a homeschool program for my community in Santa Fe in the 1990s so “teacher” is the only label I am comfortable putting on myself.
I am an excellent writer but it bores me to tears. I am just waiting for them to kill me in the end so I have to pass the time somehow.
So I am here now, just to pass the time. If someone wants to be educated about something, feel free to chat me up.
Please be warned - I have zero tolerance for the zombie fembot and male serpentine attacks, so if you are either then just go back to pretending that I am invisible.

1 Like