May Intro Thread!

Hellooooo creators! Welcome to the Patreon community space :tada:

Each month, dozens of new creators join our forum and we want to be able to get to know you as best as we can. Please follow the format below to share some fun facts about yourself to help us get to know each other. I’ll start us off:

Name: Reyna, she/her/hers

What’s your Patreon all about? Well, I’m not a Patreon creator… but I’m on the community team!

What advice do you wish you could go back and tell your 10 year old self? Just do the things you love! You don’t have be or do what your friends are doing.

If you could work on your dream project with anyone, who would you work with and what would it be? I’m a photographer and would die to work with Chrissy Teigen on a dessert cook book. Take fun photos and eat all the good food?! Yes please.

Favorite movie line or scene: This line from Bridesmaids cracks me up every time

What’s your favorite emoji? :star_struck:

Something you made that you’re most proud of: this photo of Klay Thompson

3 Likes

Name: Des she/her

What’s your Patreon all about? I am a writer sharing urban fantasy and horror stories, spoken word poetry, and a personal blog. My target audience is readers, not writers, so I’m not posting a lot of writing tips, editing tips.

What advice do you wish you could go back and tell your 10 year old self? Probably not all journalism is created equal; write for a magazine.

If you could work on your dream project with anyone , who would you work with and what would it be? I’m always impressed by writers who can write with another person collaboratively. I don’t think I could. But I set my sights on an interview project where I sit down and chat with musicians about the songs that saved their lives, then put all those stories in a book.

Favorite movie line or scene : oh goodness … Let’s go with the verse speech from Dead Poets Society “And the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?”

What’s your favorite emoji? :thinking:

Something you made that you’re most proud of : This which was a #1 new release and top 20 best seller in women’s poetry

3 Likes

Name: PickFairy aka Kaylia
My Patreon is about supporting myself as an artist and fellow creator.
What advice I’d give to ten year ol’ me? … Tough Question. Uhm. Let me think for a minute…
I didn’t start drawing passionately till I was 12, I didn’t know anything about art. I would avoid any advice on that- since I’d rather my steps toward it to be natural. In other words, how I already learned it and came to how I am today. I think I’d instead give life advice. Yet, even now, I’m still figuring out life… sooo I’d tell her that she looks nice today. Give a smile, then head out. I don’t wanna touch the timeline xDD

My dream project… that’s a big one… I have a few I hope I’ll work to accomplish.
I have a huge concept for a convention that’ll help all creators more so than ever before. It’s something a lot of other con heads disagree with, only a few support it. The concept? WELL - ya know how some conventions direct to groups alike. Anime conventions go to anime fans. Comic fans go to comic conventions— what of, instead of one thing like that, we were to celebrate fandoms instead. We would relish in the good things we all share. Explore the elements within them all-- and ya know what? I ran a survey while I was in college. It was shared in the brony and furry community. It had over 50+ people, and the highest related question was how many fandoms they were apart of. The main majority had at least 3 fandoms they had in common. A lot of conheads I’ve spoken to is worried that the con attendees will bud heads too much. That they won’t get along- but guess what? We’re already getting along online and through attending other cons with friends alike. Pretty much - I wanna make that convention a reality. More than every before… but I’ve focused, for now, on developing myself and my own self growth. I gotta handle myself before taking that on- for now, I can only accomplish it once I buckle down on my own budget. Once I can figure out how to properly manage money- I’ll go into it. xD That’s the biggest thing about a con - the budget.
2nd big project, which I’ll avoid typing too much about, is to create an original film or two. Not really a full out animation studio- but to lead and direct a film. Be able to create a tale that’ll capture the audience and like- inspire others. It’ll wrap them up in a different world entirely- sorta like a comic or book series. I’d rather it become completely visual and audio kinda-- meh, sorry, I’m still rambling. Heh. Those are my main 2 projects. Whomsoever joins for either is welcomed. ^ ~ ^

Phew! Next question.

Favorite move line or scene: … hmmmmm… Probably this one. It’s made the most impact.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the Present.”
I made a type animation about it awhile back in the beginning of college. Here’s the link to that.

What’s my favorte emoji? I dunno, they change a lot. But I use this one ^ ~^ when I’m happiest.

Something you made that you’re most proud of:
Wow, there’s not too many of that- tbh- it’s hard to live up to my own expections xDD
But: this one it’s my longest piece since it took about a month or two. It’s a brony piece with pony ocs and characters alike. Tis for a fan related thing- the musicians are Michelle Creber and Black Gryph0n. One of my favorite duos-- I was pretty excited to see them in person, and give 'em the prints.

Whelp. There we go. Thanks for having me in the forum xDD

2 Likes

Nice post, I think collaborating is fun too! Hit me up some time?

1 Like

Name: Sean

What’s your Patreon all about? To support our podcast called Two SEALs and a Walrus

What advice do you wish you could go back and tell your 10 year old self? Get heavily into advanced technology.

If you could work on your dream project with anyone , who would you work with and what would it be? I’d work with the Dalai Lama on teaching people inner peace so as to achieve world peace.

Favorite movie line or scene : “Say what one more goddamn time. I dare you. I double dare you.”

What’s your favorite emoji? :wink: old school ASCII tho, with the semicolon

Something you made that you’re most proud of : I created the algorithms of human emotion.

On these hang outs, I would like to see more interviews from successful accounts for sure.

3 Likes

Name: Deblina Mukherjee, she/her/hers

What’s your Patreon all about? I create and post educational videos on my YouTube channel as a high school biology teacher.

What advice do you wish you could go back and tell your 10 year old self? Be confident because you can achieve anything that you put your mind to!

If you could work on your dream project with anyone , who would you work with and what would it be? Anne Sullivan, because she inspires me to go above and beyond for my special needs students. I would make my educational videos accessible to the blind and the deaf.

Favorite movie line or scene : “Do you like cheese?” from She’s The Man

What’s your favorite emoji? :joy:

Something you made that you’re most proud of : My YouTube channel called “The Biology Central” at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC76uJVoHFgdSgFYAO_z5Nmw

2 Likes

Name: Lulu, she/her

What’s your Patreon all about? I’m an illustrator and cartoonist! I draw a lot of characters and comics that are fun and lighthearted, and make stickers and prints for my patrons. My favorite thing to draw is witch girls! :sparkles: My target audience is aspiring artists and people who love cute things, but right now my patrons are all just friends and family supporting me (and none of them are artists - but some of them do enjoy cute things).

What advice do you wish you could go back and tell your 10 year old self? Learning is actually really fun! Don’t let the “cool kids” tell you that you should hate learning new things, because gaining knowledge and skills is one of the most enriching parts of life.

Also - just keep drawing. Future Lulu will thank you for sticking with it!

If you could work on your dream project with anyone , who would you work with and what would it be? Oh gosh… I would be blown away with the chance to work with any of the incredible artists I look up to on Instagram haha! I would LOVE to work with a fantastic writer to make a graphic novel - Bryan Lee O’Malley comes to mind immediately!

Favorite movie line or scene : That amazing scene in The Social Network. You know the one.

What’s your favorite emoji? :heart_eyes: I use this for everything haha

Something you made that you’re most proud of : This illustration I recently finished for my patrons.

2 Likes

[quote=“reyna, post:1, topic:8118”]
Name: Yoli, she/her/hers

What’s your Patreon all about? Yoga and Meditation

What advice do you wish you could go back and tell your 10 year old self? Don’t listen to anyone who tells you not to be this generous.

If you could work on your dream project with anyone , who would you work with and what would it be? I’d love to work with Deepak Chopra and learn Ayurveda properly from him and then open up a wellness center similar to the one he has in La Joya.

Favorite movie line or scene : “Nobody’s perfect” from final scene of Some Like it Hot. Nobody’s perfect.

What’s your favorite emoji? :om:

Something you made that you’re most proud of : this story

2 Likes

Name: Uliunique

What’s your Patreon all about? My Patreon is about sharing good vibes and to spread the message of reuse, reduce and recycle while creating every day. I am documenting how I create light installations for festivals and theatre.

What advice do you wish you could go back and tell your 10 year old self? keep on doing what you are doing, you are on a great path!

If you could work on your dream project with anyone, who would you work with and what would it be? Dream project would be to make a stage prop that goes on tour and fills stadions, would love to do it with Jenny.

Favorite movie line or scene: E-S-C-A-P-E - Mhh that sounds like the ebglish word for Escape! - What dori You can read? … (finding Nemo)

What’s your favorite emoji? combination of emojies: hammer + fire + key

Something you made that you’re most proud of: upside down question mark for arcadian field festival

2 Likes

I am Rosalind Brooks, and my alter ego is Grammy Ros. My co-workers are Penguin-who is very cute but just slobs around , which is odd, as he is actually full of beans and there is Sarah our AMAZING illustrator. She is also cute but rarely gets a chance to slob around on account of having two boys age 5 and 10 years.

Grammy School is educational, fun, literacy activity sheets.
to be downloaded and printed as many times as you need, per household.
Let your child share in the pleasure of
reading, speaking and listening,
story-telling and writing,
poetry, phonics,
spelling, grammar, punctuation,

puzzles and Penguin’s general knowledge

with Grammy School’s
hands-on, cut and stick, kinaesthetic, multi-sensory,
success-making series of activities,
devised to motivate and engage both
very able and less enthusiastic children.

This is my question.

I am losing sleep because I do not know how to put in place automatic downloading of our activity sheets, when patrons have joined us and paid their money.

In my limited online experience, when I order online, for example sheet music, I pay, it downloads,

5 minutes MAX.

HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN???

What advice would I give to my 10 year old self? Measure your value by the responses of people who you respect, not necessarily those in positions of authority over you. Statistically speaking you’ve got to be right sometimes.

My dream project? To do this writing while travelling-I’m working towards it.

My favourite movie quotes?

Morgan Freeman: “Look down the road and tell me what you don’t see.”

Pirates of the Caribbean: “Pirate Code? We consider it to be guidelines mostly.”

The DJ in Water with Michael Caine: “ What’s the weather today?, HOT AND WINDY.”

Paul Whitehouse as the Welsh guy, Shadwell, in The Fast Show (UK) with Harry Enfield:

“This is my collection: I’ve got a comb and a biro.” (such incredible pathos in one line of comedy)

Something I’m proud of: - When I get this launched, I shall be very proud.

My favourite emoji: Penguin-of course.

2 Likes

Name: Carlos Gil

What’s your Patreon all about? It’s really simple, I want to become an audiobook creator so, here I am. My patreon it’s about telling stories.

What advice do you wish you could go back and tell your 10 year old self? Do not even dare stop believing in yourself, you are just in time to become a great writer and an amazing human being.
PS. Smile :wink:

If you could work on your dream project with anyone , who would you work with and what would it be? I always wanted to be part of the staff of Disney animators, I do really love the work they do.

Something you made that you’re most proud of : This proyect. I love what I am doing now and I won’t stop working on it.

2 Likes

Name: Russ, he/him

What’s your Patreon all about: My patreon is to support our podcast production company. We create fiction based actual play podcast spanning a variety of genres from comedic fantasy to sci fi/horror.

What advice do you wish you could go back and tell your 10 year old self? Try not to stress about what you can’t control and give 100% to the things you can.

If you could work on your dream project with anyone , who would you work with and what would it be? Huge question, I am fortunate enough to work with a lot of amazing creators, but truly my dream is to keep making fun and engaging stories with my best friends and live that for as long as I can.

Favorite movie line or scene : This scene Because “you musn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger darling”

What’s your favorite emoji? :sweat_smile:

Something you made that you’re most proud of : [this podcast] (https://rss.art19.com/facing-fate) An absolute passion project. It took us a year and a half from inception to final episode release, loved every minute of it.

1 Like