Monthly Limit On Content

Hi, I create Jazz transcriptions (writing down improvised Jazz solos by ear) for educational purposes and create videos showing the transcriptions along with the music. Each time I finish a transcription, I’ll create a post with the video and a write up about the transcription. The way that I run my Patreon page is that I allow patrons to get a certain amount of PDFs of these transcriptions each month, depending on the tier they’ve joined. I’ll send out a group message to everyone once all of the pledges have gone through to remind them to request which transcription(s) they’d like for the month. Then I have to field all of the messages and deliver all of the PDFs manually. I would love for there to be some sort of feature that could help with this. The more that I grow, the more time consuming and error prone this system is turning out to be. If I were to put links to the PDFs in the transcription posts, any new patron would have access to them all immediately upon joining. Does anyone else have their page set up in a similar way? I can’t imagine I’m the only one that does things this way. If anyone has any suggestions, I’d really appreciate it!

3 Likes

If Patreon implemented a not too disgusting API, some call it RESTful API. There would be a tool to do this already or different tools, some with a nice graphical interface, given the usual time lag.

You do use a mailing list for grabbing the subscriptions, right? That’s one good solution for a part of the issue.