New! Image Galleries in Posts

Featured Patreon creator: Pau @Pau

What’s better than one image? A whole gallery! :framed_picture: That’s right, now you can bulk upload images in posts to create beautiful galleries for your patrons.

A display that looks as good as your images

• Your images, your way: Choose the cover image for your gallery, and arrange the rest of them in any order you like.
  • Bulk upload: No more resorting to clever hacks or Photoshop tricks. A simple drag, drop, and publish lets your patrons get a deeper look inside your world.
  • Better viewing experience: When your patrons click on a thumbnail, it will expand into a full-sized light box, displaying your image in vivid detail. Plus, with the arrow button or their keyboard, your patrons will be able to click through the images, and see the rest of your works.

Thank you so much to everyone who gave feedback on the designs as part of our Open Studio back in April, as well as all the feature requests we collected in this forum too. We hope you love it. Please let us know what you think below and share what you’re going to upload first!

Learn More: https://blog.patreon.com/announcing-image-galleries-in-posts

12 Likes

Oh my God! I’ve been hoping for this for so long! Thank you so much! This is exciting!!! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

THANK YOU! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is so cool! Thank you so much for this! :partying_face:

1 Like

I have to report that I just tried to create an image gallery and it just didn’t work. I had around 30 images, but it refused to upload more than the first few. Repeated attempts were no more successful. Clearly, something is wrong. It would also really help if the preview of the images uploaded was improved to show them all in a grid, for example. Happy to communicate with a techie to give specific info.

1 Like

Hi @henryhyde! Welcome back to the forum. We would love to learn more about this and help figure it out. Please reach out to the Patreon support team (the techies) with specific info about your browser, device, and what happens when you try to upload the images, then they will be able to troubleshoot this issue. Thank you!

Hi Mindy

I’m in touch with Ron in support. The problem appears to be with the Safari browser on a Mac – the gallery works fine in Chrome., However, there appear to be limitations on how far a user can zoom into an image – I’ve raised this with Ron as well.

1 Like

This is so awesome! My comics process posts are going to be so much prettier and organized now :star_struck:

2 Likes

I was one of the beta testers, and I seem to have lost the ability to upload galleries today.

1 Like

Hi @lisavollrath we had a few technical issues but they should all be fixed now. Are you still having problems?

All better.

2 Likes

Fyi, I’m having problems with image galleries on Chrome. Tried to post 3 images but it would only “take” two of them - the first and last I a submitted. The first image became the lead photo, as I wanted. But when I submitted the third photo, the second one disappeared and was replaced by it.

Seems like this new feature needs some tweaking.

2 Likes

@lisavollrath happy to hear it!
@jan4insight_creates Sorry to hear that. Please write to the Patreon support team with this info as they are set up to handle bugs with features. You can contact them here: https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=70716

ssspog_2
YES YES YES THANK YOU!!! It works great and I needed it so much!!
To everyone involved on making this a reality, my most sincere thanks.

1 Like

As excited as I am for the multi-image posts, it hasn’t worked correctly yet.

I’m posting my comic in a panel-by-panel format… so members can read it easily from their phones. Unfortunately, the panels are constantly displaying out of sync. I upload them in the correct order, I verify their sequence before I publish, and I drag-and-drop any that are out-of-order into the correct sequence before publishing.

And then I – and some of my backers – get out-of-sequence posts.

I’ve been in touch with Patreon Support, but my contact either (a) doesn’t understand the problem or (b) thinks I’m making it up.

I would love to help solve this problem. What is my next step?

2 Likes

Hey @bradguigar, thanks for reporting this. I can confirm we do have a bug where images are viewed in the incorrect order on the Patreon app and mobile web. We have a ticket in to the team and are hoping it will get fixed soon. I’ll keep you posted as and when I know more :slight_smile:

1 Like