Patreon for prospective patrons

Patreon is a subscription-based platform that allows you to support the content creators you know and love. It’s kind of like Netflix or Disney plus but instead of pledging to a multi-million dollar corporation you’re donating it to a person (or team of people) who simply wants to create more content for you to enjoy.

Many creators create tiers that have a minimum of what you can pledge each month and those tiers also come with rewards. Rewards are the goodies you get in exchange for your pledge each month.

Charge Upfront
If you join today you pay today. However, after the day you join you will only be charged monthly beginning the following month, and billing ONLY occurs on the 1st of the month. Even if you join on a day like March 31, you will be billed again on April 1st for your membership for the month of April.
Screenshot 2021-05-14 165118

Time of Pledge [IMPORTANT for those LATE NIGHT/EARLY MORNING PEOPLE]
If you pledge on April, 1st at 2:55 am (EST/New York Time) you are not paying for April. instead, you are, still paying for March because in California it would be March, 31, 11:55 pm (PST).

Patreon is based in California and that time zone (PST) is what they use when handling billing.
Be sure to READ that underlined sentence before hitting confirm if you are pledging in the early morning! It will tell you when the billing renews.

Choose What you Pay
The tier price you see is the minimum you MUST pay for that tier. If you feel the creator deserves but you like the rewards in that specific tier you can pledge more and still be in that specific tier.
patreon

[Note: This is something I made for people entering my Patreon page. I’ll probably update this later ]

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! Are you looking for feedback or just sharing so other folks can learn from your approach? Want to make sure you’re getting what you came for :slight_smile:

I didn’t want to make my Patreon intro page too long, so I made this in case someone comes to my page and doesn’t quite know what Patreon is.

I wanted to make some more edits but it looks like I can’t do that. :expressionless: :pensive:

I didn’t want to make my Patreon intro page too long, so I made this in case someone comes to my page and doesn’t quite know what Patreon is.

I wanted to make some more edits but it looks like I can’t do that. :expressionless: :pensive:

1 Like

Uh oh, are you unable to make edits to your intro page? @Evan may be able to help!

I’ve yet to see anything like this. The best thing to do in this situation would be to write into us directly so we can help troubleshoot what the issue may be.

You can reach us through this form here.

If you’d like, you can share your ticket ID here and I can grab it for you so you don’t have to wait.

thank you, but I wanted to edit this post. It looks like it’s only editable for a few hours or days?

You ought to be able to edit this at any time.

It would be best for you to write into us here so we can look into this further.

As previously mentioned, if you share your ticket ID here I can grab it for you and look into immediately after you file.

1 Like

I took a look at this post and the Forum settings. Discourse uses a robust setting system based on the trust level of members, trust level is built by activity, the more active you are on the forum, the more permissions you have.

So as you are discussing, there is a time limit for when you can edit a post if your trust level is 0 or 1. I can help you edit this post if you let me know what edits you’d like to make.

It’s fine. I’ll probably just make a post on my patreon.