Patreon has too many loopholes these are two of them

Patreon has too many loopholes these are two of them. I already emailed Patreon about these a long time ago.

Method #1

1. They are sharing html iframe codes from videos that belong to Patreon accounts they get them from websites like forums.sexy-youtubers.com, forum.thothub.tv and yiff.party
  2. All they need to do is register any Patreon account
  3. They go to the “My profile settings” then down to “About you” section then drop the iframe embed code there.
    Right there they are able to view the videos for FREE!!!
    One of the issues there is that you allow users to enter html and to insert videos and images.
    That is the first method I found out

Method #2

1. They are sharing html iframe codes from videos that belong to Patreon accounts they get them from websites like forums.sexy-youtubers.com, forum.thothub.tv and yiff.party
  2. Then go to a Patreons account that they want to watch a video for free
  3. Right in the front page then click on inspect
  4. Click “Select an element in the page to inspect it”
  5. Left click on any of the Patreons videos to select it. On the right side it will hightlight the code of that video.
  6. Delete that code or find video code for that video then replace the code the html iframe code around the area.
    And walla view the video for FREE!!! YEEYYYY!

The best thing to do is signup with another video hosting site and password protect each video that’s what I do. There you can monitor who is sharing the link and other things. Here is my signup referral link https://sproutvideo.com/referrals/mvdor

3 Likes

Another one I’ve reported, and sought assistance with is that for attachments, they email links to Patrons which continue to work even if the original content is deleted. I haven’t see a report of this being fixed.

1 Like

This has been over a year and NOTHING!

Thanks so much for reporting these concerns to us @jmgunited. I have passed on your report in full to our security team who have already started investigating this and seeing how we can make improvements.

In the future, please report all security concerns or suspected security bugs directly to the team at security@patreon.com as this is our community forum. Thank you in advance!