Patreon payout on hold again (2nd month)

Hi,
So last month, patreon held my funds for a few days. I thought it was because I updated the account, but i was notified that it was actually because a patron’s suspicious account.

“When a suspicious individual attempts to make a pledge to you, occasionally your account may become frozen so that we can double check your account security. Everything appears to be in order, and the account is now unfrozen.

And then during the last 2 weeks (or maybe 1 week), I noticed that my account was on hold again (no account change). I had to change my payout method too so I did make the change. I got a notification that it will be on hold only during August 30.

“Paying out your account balance will be available on 2018-08-30 at 06:44:58 AM PST when the hold is released.”

I checked today and still, it’s on hold. I don’t know what’s happening because it’s 2 months in a row. Is it the creator’s fault for having suspicious patrons ? How can this be avoided? Because holding funds affects my work schedule / patreon business and processing of rewards. Of course, I do understand that there are scammers (haven’t experienced one) but I’m just a little bit lost about why my funds are being on hold again (need to withdraw soon)…

1 Like

hey @rainbowholic, apologies for my delay in getting back to you. Are you still seeing a hold on your account? If so, please email guidelines@patreon and they can look into this and answer your questions.

I’m having the same problem too. Only thing I did was to fill and submit that tax form you ask us to fill W8BEN and then my payout was frozen because of "suspicious activity ":sleepy: I’m so so sad, I really needed my funds to pay some bills. I wish someone could explain me what’s going on. I had no idea this was going to happen :sleepy::sleepy:

1 Like

Hi @Diana, so sorry for my delay. If you’re still having trouble, please email email guidelines@patreon.com. The team will be able to look into this and provide more context.