Patreon's new interface is a huge step forward for comics

I’m super excited about the new thumbnail-grid layout on Patreon. Paired with tags, comics artists — and anyone else presenting serial content on Patreon — can give backers the the tools to view this content easily. After I filter the display to the storyline I want to read, for example, I can easily click each of the pages for an extra-large, very readable image. And I can read the entire thing without waiting for new pages to load or navigating a long-scrolling list.

I’m still waiting to see the option to display the filtered results in ascending/descending order, but this is a huge step in the right direction.

If you’re doing comics — or any other serial work — it might be a good idea to record a video walkthru (or at least an explanatory blog post) to explain this functionality. It may not be intuitive to some folks. But once they catch on, I think they’re going to be as excited about this as I am.

4 Likes

I had no clue what you were talking about and went to my posts to see. It does indeed look drastically improved. It really looks good. :slight_smile:

Grid layout?

I second this. I’d love to see a screenshot because i’m not seeing anything different and am quite curious!

I owe you guys an apology. I saw the layout on my page, and assumed it was universal. It looks like a slow roll-out instead.

That being said, I think you’re gonna love it when you see it appear on your pages.

Here’s a screen grab from my site.

Ooooh wow! That is awesome! I am certainly excited for this. :3

Whaat, this is so awesome! I don’t see it yet either, but super excited for it to roll out :smiley:

This looks awesome! Any way how to ‘activate’ it? :slight_smile: