Hello, everyone! I’m Buster Benson, a new product manager at Patreon. I am super excited to have such a vibrant community of creators to participate in, and look forward to getting to know you all better over the coming weeks and months. I’ll do a more formal intro in the future, but for the moment I have a specific ask to make of you!
I’m looking for creators who have reward tiers that require manual work to fulfill. Things like remembering to follow people on social networks, remembering to send new patrons links to download, remembering to send some kind of physical good to creators in certain tiers, etc. Basically, if you need to keep track of who gets what, and when, then we’re launching something that might be able to help you (we’re calling it the Fulfillment Manager, and it works off of another new feature that lets you itemize the benefits you offer in tiers)… and I’d love your feedback!
If this sounds like you, can you share the following in a comment on this thread?
- What do you offer to patrons that requires tracking?
- What is the process that you use to make sure your patrons get what you’ve offered?
- How well (or alternatively, poorly) does this process work for you?
- How do you think about pricing your tiers in order to make the process worth it to you?
- If you could wave a magic wand and get any feature built for you to help make this easier to do, what would you wish for?
Alternatively, if this doesn’t sound like you, I still have a couple questions for you:
- Is there anything that you would like to offer patrons but feel like the amount of work required to fulfill it is prohibitive? If so, can you think of any ways that we could simplify the process that would make this easy enough that you could then offer it?
And, regardless of which of the above scenarios apply to you: do you have any general feedback, questions, concerns, or fears about us introducing a new feature like this? Send me your candid thoughts, whatever they are!