Send msg to patron via API?

I need to send each new patron a message that includes a unique code. I figured that I’d be able to do this via the patreon api, but I don’t seem to be able to find mention of this in the doco.

Any tips?

You should be able to message them by going to the Relationship Manager under Patrons, select who you need to message, and click the message button that shows above your list of patrons.

Yes, I’m currently manually doing this process.

I’d like to automate it so the patron is sent the code immediately when they sign up. I live in Australia and my supporters are from all over the world. I’d like to get them their reward asap, rather than having to wait for me to wake up and get online.

I already have a webhook configured to trigger actions on my site. I now need a way to message the patron. I’d prefer to do this in patreon rather than have to send an automated email.

1 Like

Yeah, that would be nice. I’ve not seen anything for that so far, but I’m still pretty new to the site so I could easily be missing something. Good luck! I hope you figure out an easier way.

Currently write operations are not supported in public api. Hence messaging via api is not possible at the moment.

1 Like