Am I the only one who has this problem? Because it has been this way for years.
- I get a new patron.
- The email I get has a big “Send Personal Message” button.
- I like to do that so I always click it.
- That takes me to a screen that shows a search result with that one new patron there and a Message button at the top.
- I click Message and a New Message overlay appears.
- I can type my message.
- The Send button doesn’t work at all. Nothing happens when I click it.
- So I cancel that with the X button.
- Click on the new patron’s name.
- A sidebar slides in from the right with another Message button.
- I click that and get the New Message overlay appears again
- I can type a message.
- The Send button works.
There is a difference between the first Message overlay and the second. The first has a title New Message and the name of the person is in a separate box below that. The second has a title New Message to Name.
This isn’t a huge deal as there is a work-around. But this is an action I do every day, so I keep hoping it will be fixed. Maybe no one is reporting it?