Share Your Studio

On Tuesday, August 20, we kicked off #ShareYourStudio and encouraged you to post about your own workspace using the hashtag. We’re leaving this thread open so you can continue to share your spaces!

What’s a studio? Your studio is any magical place where your creativity surges and your art comes together. It will look different for every creator! It might be a cozy corner at your favorite coffee shop, your comfy bed, a well-lit corner of your home, or a shared working space. It might be any space of your choosing; your own ritual transforming a space into a creative workshop. No matter where you create, we want to see it!

3 Likes

So, that’s YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram? Do you want us to post in all four of those, or just Twitter (since you used that in your example)?

1 Like

We’ll be posting on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, in order of priority :slight_smile: Thanks for checking!

Guess I’ll show the utter disaster that is my side of the office/studio… :-p lol…

2 Likes

@IngridKVHardy you should! it will make me (and probably a lot of others) feel better about their messy work spaces :smiley:

1 Like

Where do we create the post? On our Patreon pages or elsewhere?

1 Like

On your social media channels, with the hashtag #ShareYourStudio on Aug 20! But if you want to upload a sneak peak in here to get others excited, you can do that too :slight_smile:

1 Like

My incredibly messy workspace…

3 Likes

@egypturnash you should share your set up we discussed today here so others can see, and on Aug 20!

@DysonLogos that looks AMAZING! Thanks for sharing.

well awrite :slight_smile:

IMG_2706
Me in the picnic area in New Orleans’ City Park, with laptop, Wacom tablet, and the homemade sunshield that lets me work digitally outdoors. And have raccoons and squirrels come up to me hoping for a handout.

IMG_2651
Outside at Cafe Du Monde in City Park.

IMG_1781
A unicorn’s garden in California.

A bridge in Seattle’s Ravenna Park where I got a lot of work done when I lived there, but only in the summer.

I used to have a nice standing desk setup in my Seattle apartment. I need to find the right piece of furniture to adapt into a new one now that I’ve moved to New Orleans. These shelves are Okay, I Guess but I’m way too close to the screen.

Sunscreen closeup, in the middle of Seattle’s Harbor Steps back in 2016. It’s made of black illustration board, black drafting tape, and some hidden magnets that match up with the ones Apple put in the lid to be able to tell when it’s closed. Someday I should write up a guide to making these, but if you’re even the slightest bit crafty you can probably work it out from this?

2 Likes

My room’s humble artsy corner:

tumblr_bbf616d64fb77925d70e8ffa2f4090a9_fc59997a_640

I move things a lot in such small place

1 Like

YouTube studio slash library slash living room. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing @TypographyGuru @Noenoh @egypturnash @DysonLogos! I’m getting excited to see even more on Aug 20th.

If anyone is feeling that their space is too dull to share, it’s not! If you work best in a simpler, low-key environment, we’d love to see that. You never know who might get inspired by a small detail about your studio that doesn’t seem like a big deal to you. You might just inspire another person to take their passion to the next level :slight_smile:

1 Like

99% of the time I crop photos of my studio to hide chaos and clutter. Studio cat Ghost often features as he’s very photogenic and loves being in the space.

3 Likes

@Th_Mole I love how your turned it onto a comic panel! Although I need more info on that cat :smiley:
@Marion wow you have my dream desk view! Can I ask where you live?

We’re so excited for Share Your Studio tomorrow!

@mindy, I’m in the north the Isle of Skye in Scotland, view is to the Waternish peninsula on Skye, then out across the Minch (as this stretch of the Atlantic is called) towards the Outer Hebrides islands (mainly Harris). I love it here! If you’re ever in this part of the world, you’re welcome to come sit at my studio desk and soak in the view.

1 Like

My disaster… There are two other photos on my Patreon post. I dream of being able to have an organized space and a table that can be adjusted.

2 Likes

Today’s the day! It’s officially #ShareYourStudio day on social media, and creators everywhere are already taking us into their workspaces.Thanks to all those who have shared so far! We are loving all the entries so much!

Here’s how to get involved:

• Snap a pic or shoot a quick video of your workspace
  • Post it to Twitter and Instagram with #ShareYourStudio
  • Remember to tag @patreon in your posts to help us find them faster

We’ll be collecting and sharing some of our favorite posts on the Patreon blog. If you need a little inspiration, check out what other creators are already sharing. We can’t wait to see all the magical places where you create! https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ShareYourStudio&src=typed_query

2 Likes

Yours is tidier than mine! :smile: (see below - it’s horrendous…)

1 Like