Starting From 0 on all Platforms - How do I grow?

I must admit I don’t have the best setup - I do something that people don’t understand and start from nothing nowhere. I don’t have a facebook, instigram, twitter, or anything like that, I just started YouTube and with that Patreon. Probably 30 ish hours has been put into my first 10-week-1-video-per-week batch and it’s not going very well. The next 10-week batch is coming out sometime in two/three weeks and I don’t want it to fail like this one did. To add to my problems, getting noticed on YouTube through recommendations or search is hard because the algorithm doesn’t like my style of content, and since I have no connections it seems hopeless to get views—>subscribers—>(maybe)patrons. How do I grow and get noticed?

-Redy

I peeked, and the content is airgun videos. We couldn’t be farther apart in what we create, so YMMV with these suggestions:

Are their communities on FB or Reddit, dedicated to airguns? Post videos that you’ve marked Public there, not as commercials for your Patreon, but as examples of what you do.

Do you have basics? Like, if I know nothing about airguns, do you have a video or video series telling people how to get started? Share that in groups dedicated to similar activities.

I occasionally put together email series on individual topics that are popular in my niche, or .pdfs that people can download from my web sites, pin to Pinterest, and pass around.

Mostly, you have to hunt around, and find your tribe, then become an active, valued member of it. It does take some time.

1 Like

I’ll try that – thanks for the feedback!

-Redy

1 Like

I would look into Tim Schmoyer for advice on growing your YT platform. (His content can apply to more than just YT too.) He talks a lot about the back end stuff or little things people often don’t think of. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just wanted to add that it’s normal for it to feel really hard at the beginning. It feels like it doesn’t matter if you’re posting great content because if no one knows that you’re posting great content no one will see it. But there are things you can do to stand out in whatever niche/area you’re trying to contribute to - and I agree with @sambeawesome that Tim Schmoyer has some good videos about YouTube growth. So does Sean Cannel with Think Media. But, realistically, it’s going to take a substantial investment of time before that “overnight success” hits.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check those channels out.
-Redy

1 Like