Suggestion for email notifications to creators

I have a suggestion that would be super easy to implement and be a… well, if I’m honest, a minor time saver, but every little bit counts. Instead of email notifications from Patreon about posts being titled:

“John commented on your post”

If the title of the email was instead

“Your Patreon post “Page 134 Posted” has received a new comment"
or
"Patreon comment; “Page 134 Posted””

or something like that, without including the posters’ names means that Gmail at least will group them, so instead of you inbox looking like:

Patreon "John commented on your post"
Patreon "Alex commented on your post"
Patreon "SuperNinja commented on your post"
Patreon "Marky^2 commented on your post"
Patreon "Jo Jo commented on your post"
Patreon "Alice commented on your post"
Patreon "John2 commented on your post"
Patreon "Alexia commented on your post"
Patreon "NinjaXXX commented on your post"
Patreon "Itsamemario commented on your post"
Patreon "DragonDagon commented on your post"
Patreon “Steve commented on your post”

It would instead look like:

Patreon (12) “Patreon comment; “Page 134 Posted””

It’s less stuff to click through, less to select, you can read them all in one chain. I know it’s a small thing, but it would save me 5-10 minutes each morning I post something.

4 Likes

Oh, yes, please. I want email notifications because I don’t want to miss comments from my Patrons, but at the same time, the number of emails I get from Patreon between my own page and the creators I support makes it crazy to sift through these “So and so commented” emails. I would love to see the titles change to “Your Patreon post “POST TITLE” received a new comment” so that they are grouped together in Gmail and (also) I’m not clicking in and out of emails trying to figure out where they are commenting - that’s info I want to know upfront, and is more important than whom.

Hi!
I have a question to the community.
I’m gonna start updating my page once every day with 3 pages from my comic book to all my supporters.
Is there any way I can upload 3 thumbnails in each Post instead of 3 BIG pictures stacked on each other?
Something like this:

(There is no image option here so I cant show what I want LOL. But I hope you guys get my point.
Similar to what we can do in our “profile page”.

So, is there any script I can insert in the “Enter your text here…”- area?

I think you might have to make the thumbnails and collage them together and then use the upload feature for the larger images. Some people find it annoying, but it makes for a nice little teaser image to share on your social media while directing people to your Patreon.

1 Like

Ah, i see.
I just thought people would get annoyed with an email everyday for 60 days :S So i tought to bundle them to 3 pages/day

1 Like

This is a great idea! Taking advantage of email threading rules is awesome :smiley: In the meantime, the patreon.com/notifications page should be quite helpful – it groups new comments by the post being commented on, and shows a blue dot and unread count if there are new ones.

Another email notification we require is for when we reach goals. I find it odd that our patrons get that message but we don’t; when you set up a lot of goals it’s easy to forget if you’ve passed one or not.