Suggestion: Individual Post NSFW Tag / 'Safe' Browsing Options

I do a lot of mixed content, both SFW and NSFW. I’ve debated making a second patreon page, but for the most part most of my following that likes my SFW content originally joined for my NSFW content, so there hasn’t been a demand (plus managing 2 patreon simultaneously pages is hard.)

The current problem is that, if you do any NSFW, your entire patreon page, safe and not-safe posts are all marked as adult oriented. To my knowledge there’s nothing on the patron side of things in this process either.

Generally the assumption is that if someone pledges to a creator who does NSFW, they want to see it, but in cases like mine there are sometimes people who want to see and support the safe content as well. I think it’d be very user friendly if I had a way to mark individual posts of mine as SFW / NSFW beyond just a tag system, and for users to select what kind of content they want to see in their own account settings.

On my end as a creator, I’d get a simple option when making a post to mark it as adult oriented or not (and this would only be available if I previously had marked my page as containing adult content).

On the end as a patron, they would get an option in account settings:
-Hide NSFW content
-Warn about NSFW content
-Show NSFW content

If they have it set to hide, yet still pledged to my patreon, they’d still see any posts that I didn’t mark as NSFW. If they have it set to warn, they would see censored versions of the posts until they clicked it / went to full view. And if it was set to show, it’d function as it does currently.

7 Likes

This is a nice feature, +1 to having Patreon implement this one

This would be hugely useful. I know people who won’t subscribe at all to a Patreon with NSFW content because they can’t control what shows up in their feed.

1 Like

This could be a great way to increase the range of patrons that could join our patreons.

1 Like