The joys and dangers of Portraiture

Hey fellow artists, I am just now calling myself a “real artist”. I drew as a hobby for many years and it’s only after I’ve had two illustrated books published that I feel confident enough to call myself a visual artist. Anyway, I wrote this little thing today about fearing that my art will become generic if I follow common wisdom. I am wondering what you all think. Here is the link to my post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/joys-and-dangers-20897335

Curious about your thoughts!

Martha

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! A very warm and big congratulations on calling yourself a real artist, for that’s what you are :slight_smile: It’s a big step and I know many creators find it hard to believe their love can be a job too. I enjoyed the blog post greatly and I think it’s an interesting inner battle creators and artists face within themselves — to make things that will be popular vs making what you want to make. Looking forward to seeing more in the future!

1 Like

Congrats on the courage to call yourself what you are! Wishing you all the best on the road :yellow_heart:

2 Likes