To Hide # of Patrons or Not To?

Like @lisavollrath and @rebecca , I display the number of patrons, but not the earning amount. I’m just not comfortable displaying my earnings, but I do believe it’s important to show at least one of these numbers. I’m still working on getting out of the perception of the ‘completely new’ stage that @CarbonWatchdog mentioned (I’m not ‘new’ new, just new to Patreon :woman_shrugging:t2:), but I’m not letting that discourage me from continuing to try and grow my following.

1 Like

Hey there! Ha, the avatar conversations are so real!!!

I’m really glad to have been helpful. I think that’s a great way to look at it… I’m not a big “law of attraction” person, but I do think it makes sense to aim to satisfy the customers you want to have rather than working to please customers whose values aren’t aligned with yours (ie grumpy jerks :joy:).

Not sure why my links didn’t come up, but you can find me out there at www.patreon.com/rebeccaloebe or on my website at www.rebeccaloebe.com.

Lovely to connect with you, really wish you all the best!
xo

@johnoberg I didn’t even think about non-profits, and yes, they experience what I experience - this notion that advocacy work should be done selflessly (which means without pay).

@rebecca like you, I’ve found that my patrons are very excited when my numbers grow. I think they like knowing that they’re part of something that others really want to be part of too. So, I keep my patron numbers visible (for now).

And thanks, also, for the reminder, Becca, that we should pick the strategy that we’re most comfortable with.

And @jaydee your donation page is EPIC! I just love it. I have quite a few people who donate through PayPal, and I’d love to give my PayPal people access to the Discord forum as a thank you. I’m having my tech person synch that up, but your donation page is just awesome and I can see myself modelling such a page for my own use (without copying of course). Thank you for sharing.

Glad you liked it. You’re welcome to use the page however you wish - copy, use it as inspiration, as a template, whatever. Happy to help out a fellow Ontarian.

Would love to see what you come up with.

1 Like