Today we rolled out an update that changes the way your patron count is displayed.
The patron count number now includes all patrons with memberships set for automatic renewal i.e. all patrons who have not cancelled their membership. This number does include patrons with declined payments who are still scheduled for automatic renewal.
So, what is factored into your patron count now?
Now, the homepage patron count matches what you see in PRM.
- The Patron count and earnings estimation on your creator page include all active patrons with access in the current month.
- This number includes all patrons whose access has not expired as a result of cancellation.
- Patrons in a declined state are not included in this count to ensure that the number you’re seeing is not inflated.
We’ve updated the Help Article: Understanding the numbers listed on my creator page with all of this information, under the section: Why did my numbers suddenly change?
Edit, with extra context for how this number is affected at the beginning of each month
At the beginning of the month, we give all “Active” and “Paid” patrons a 2 day extension (essentially a grace period) so that no membership access is lost while we process payments. All patrons with an “active” or “paid” status are included in this period.
What is an “active” patron during this extension?
- Patrons who have canceled their pledge the previous month are still categorized as “Active” while we are processing payments
- The “active” status extension is not a new process we’ve implemented, however it feels like it is because of the new patron count formula.
- Patrons with the “active” status who have canceled their pledge do not retain access to your/the creators content.
– NOTE: The tools team is aware of this confusing behavior and is working to address it.
After the 2 day extension period:
- Any patron who cancelled their pledge in the prior month will be subtracted from the patron count and removed from the “Active” list
- After the extension period, your patron count will go back to a more accurate read of current patrons