What happened to the link posts?

I just noticed that Redgifs links are no longer embedded in the link posts, i.e. they no longer give any image as before. Is this a bug? Will this be fixed?
Thanks in advance.

You might want to email support or ask on Discord. None of the staff check the forums anymore.
https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us

2 Likes

Thank you!

Hi there. While I would agree with you, this forum has been a little quite over the last few months, due to staff changes, it is not true that staff do not check these forums.

I have recently joined the team (:wave: here’s my introduction: Introducing Patreon's new Head of Online Community, Hayley!) and am working on ways to help address questions like this one that were posed before I joined the team, as well as bigger projects to help this space function more smoothly and efficiently!

With that - your tip to send a support ticket when you notice something not working, or not working like you expect it to is a good one.

@wild_guy if you have an update, or still need assistance on this please share!

1 Like

Hi Hayley! Thanks for your reply.
For now Redgifs links work in the link posts as before, i.e. they give us ugly stretched and clipped low-res animated gif preview. Not the best result but at least those links can be used at all.
Of course it would be much better if Redgifs links could work in the video posts, like Gfycat links do, so I would be veeery grateful if you can help with this.

Thanks for the update.

This thread is a good place to document what you’re suggesting and the improvement you are looking for. Is it possible for you to share a screen shot of examples of what the image quality looks like?

Sure. Here is how the link posts with Redgifs links look now

Спойлер

And here is how these links look normally (while opened from Redgifs itself)

Спойлер

Honestly the best way to investigate this is trying to create Patreon link and video posts using a Redgifs link.
And again, if Redgifs links worked in video posts and used an embedded player feature (just like Gfycat links do), they could be used there and that would be even better.

thanks for this detailed info.

I’m going through all the requests here in this Category (aka subforum) and sharing with our team, so seeing these side by side screen grabs are very helpful in understanding the concern, and can hopefully help push along a fix or better solution.

1 Like

My only suggestion is better advertisement to help get people’s names out there faster and more efficiently

| Hayley Patreon Head of Online Community
July 19 |

• | - |

Hi there. While I would agree with you, this forum has been a little quite over the last few months, due to staff changes, it is not true that staff do not check these forums.

I have recently joined the team (:wave: here’s my introduction: Introducing Patreon’s new Head of Online Community, Hayley!) and am working on ways to help address questions like this one that were posed before I joined the team, as well as bigger projects to help this space function more smoothly and efficiently!

With that - your tip to send a support ticket when you notice something not working, or not working like you expect it to is a good one.

Thank you for getting back to me and you have a great day

| Cody_Cochran
July 20 |

• | - |

My only suggestion is better advertisement to help get people’s names out there faster and more efficiently

| Hayley Patreon Head of Online Community
July 19 |

• | - |

I have recently joined the team (:wave: here’s my introduction: Introducing Patreon’s new Head of Online Community, Hayley!) and am working on ways to help address questions like this one that were posed before I joined the team, as well as bigger projects to help this space function more smoothly and efficiently!