Where do you interact with your patrons and fans/community?

We’re doing some early qualitative research into where creators interact with their communities and would love to know…

1. Where do you interact with your wider community and fans the most?
  2. Where do you interact with your patrons the most?

No wrong answers, just curious in learning from you and hearing your thoughts :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am curious about this. Currently, I don’t have any patrons on my channel, even though I’m still trying to get some patrons and I want to know what would be the best option to connect with patrons.

1 Like

Four places: online classrooms/webinars on Ruzuku. Private Facebook group, though I’m seriously considering moving to Discord. In person. Email.

I like the ease of use people have with FB. I haven’t switched my own behavior to other platforms, and need to do that before switching away. It’s where I get new patrons, almost exclusively.

Wishing for an alternative!

2 Likes

As a comic author I’ve got a few sites where I communicate with my community and patrons. SJ, DA, etc. are where I post big news and whatnot. Most of my more personal communication however is via Discord. This is where most of my patrons as well as the more active part of my community interact and have fun!

1 Like
  1. I interact with my community at my blog (in the comments), on social media (mainly Facebook and Twitter), and via email.

2. I interact with my patrons on Patreon, for the most part. :slight_smile: That said, I also interact with several of them on social media and at my website.

1 Like

1: My blog, my newsletter, Facebook, Instagram, my art workshops.
Twitter interaction has declined to nearly nothing.
2: Email, community section of my Patreon, FB.

2 Likes

1.- Tumblr, Pillowfort, insta
2.- Discord, Tumblr

2 Likes
  1. DeviantArt, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr
  2. Discord
2 Likes

I just started a Discord account where my patrons or anyone interested in the community could go to. But, I haven’t gotten any people interested in the account yet. Here’ s the discord page if you are interested in checking it out:

1 Like

I try to be as accessible as possible. I often talk to them directly through messages on Patreon or in the comments on posts.

If they don’t actually use the patreon much, I’ll talk to them directly on facebook or twitter if that’s what they prefer.

My favorite way though is still in person. Film Conventions and comic cons have been great for being in direct communication with my audience. My hope is that more 1-on-1 interaction can be possible through live streaming, but that’s been a little bit daunting so far with the type of patreon I’m doing.

1 Like