Workshop: Managing Your Creative Business Vision Amidst Change

Managing Your Creative Business Vision Amidst Change

2020-11-11T19:00:00Z

How do you plan for your creative business while staying true to what you believe in? Join us as we connect with the artistic team behind IAMX and take a deep dive into their ever-changing business. They’ll share how they strike a balance between big picture planning and in the moment execution all in the midst of the constant changes of 2020. Come discuss how to envision a plan that works for you.

What to expect

• An intimate discussion with the creative team behind IAMX.
  • They’ll share how they strike a balance between big picture planning and in the moment execution all in the midst of the constant changes of 2020.
  • Discuss how to envision a plan that works for you in a friendly, casual, and collaborative space.

Register here!
A replay will be available afterwards.

Have any questions for our team, or IAMX, you want answered during the workshop? Leave your questions and comments below and we’ll make sure we prioritize asking them live.

:triangular_flag_on_post: IAMX will also be doing an extended Q&A right here in this forum thread after the workshop!

Thanks for a great workshop today, it was really cool to hear about how the IAMX team shifted during COVID. Could you share the apps you said you were using for collaborative organization? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Threading up the questions from the chat during the live workshop:

From Abigail J:

HI, can I please ask, do they use patreon just for funding or do they also see it as an income stream?

From Paul B:

How do you plan during change? and also if you have a long term vision how fixed in that and how much to allow it to move during change?

How do you balance staying true to your art and catering for your audience?

From Sarah H.

What do you feel works best to engage with your Patreon members? As in: via other social media outlets or directly from your Patreon page?
Any special offers that attract new subscribers? Sorry a lot of questions … thanks :slight_smile:

From Heather W.

Where is your most effective advertising to get new patrons? Social media, targeted ads, email marketing?

From Sefali:

How did you use the tier system effectively while suiting your business model? Is their an effective way to use the tier system?

From Jeremy G:

What kind of gear are you using for livestream? I am especially interested in hearing about the software and cameras you use.

From Ony K:

I want to eventually start selling merch on Patron, when do you think is best time for that?

From some unnamed attendees:

How do you manage your online presence? Or, more precisely, how do you decide how to break apart your story to be engaging online?

The art of finding a team is so illusive. every artist you ask will say they were found by their manager (at a show for example), and every manager will say they found their artist at a show. How did you find your team and make sure they were right for you, and do you think it could happen just from reaching out via email?

For someone who is just starting, how did you promote your Patreon successfully?

Hi, it was such a pleasure to learn from you today! You seemed to have a telepathic connection to each other and I loved your way of explaining things. It’s not something you see every day.

I was wondering how you two met! How did Janine become so integral to the IAMX process? I’m also wondering who Chris’s favorite composers are, or if he’d be willing to divulge just one.

1 Like

Just had to share this freaking awesome live illustration of the workshop from Ål Nik :raised_hands: