(Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I wasn’t sure which to put it in. Feel free to move to somewhere else if needed.)
Mindy asked me to post my yearly plan here when it was officially publish, and then discuss why we do it and other, related stuff.
Here we go
So, I put started putting this together in 2015 as a way to recap the previous year, and set up plans for the following year.
After forgetting about it in 2016, I brought it back in 2017, and have been doing annually ever since.
The reasons I do this are numerous:
- Update our friends, partners and more about what we have done in the past year.
- Bring to light ideas we want to do for the next year.
- Ensure our resources are being put towards our goals.
- Advertise our stuff, in a recruitment-drive and/or promotional push manner, depending on how you look at it.
- Have a solid refrence point to look back on, should we feel we are drifting to far away from our goals or overall intentions.
After doing this for 5 years overall, 3 of them consecutive, we also put together a 5 year plan last April.
(I’m aware some of the info talked about in the video are ideas Jack has also discussed, albeit at a much larger scale. I apologize in advance if it looks like I copied from them. It wasn’t intentional.)
The previous years recaps and plans helped influence that plan, and in turn, it helped influence the most recent one.
After publishing it, I posted the plan to Patreon ( https://www.patreon.com/posts/31968007 ) and Twitter ( https://twitter.com/grifkuba/status/1200791613502611457?s=19 ) and will be posting to other social media soon.
Hope that explains things @mindy ^.^
Feel free to ask question, give comments, etc.