Zapier-Patreon integration bug - sends emails twice!

Hi, I’ve only recently been trying to use Patreon integrations to simplify my life, and there are a few thing that make the integration with Zapier really annoying/difficult. In particular, the ‘triggers’ offered are a little confusing (for ex, what’s the difference between ‘delete member pledge (triggers when an existing pledge on a membership is deleted)’ and ‘delete pledge (triggers when a pledge is deleted)’?) but even more importantly when I set up my zap , it actually sends an email TWICE every time it triggers! I asked Zapier about that and they mentioned that it has to do with the Patreon end of things rather than theirs.

Their response: " So sorry about this! I’ve investigated into the issue further, and it looks like you’re being affected by an issue where the Patreon will intermittently trigger twice. Once for a value of $0, and then again for the proper amount.

To give you some context, the Patreon integration is developed and maintained by the people who make that product. I’ve done some more digging and it looks like they need to fix the issue that is occurring on their end. However, we track issues like this in a system that lets the developers know when we receive bug reports from folks like you. It also lets us email you when any changes or updates occur. Other users have also reported this issue, so I’ve gone ahead and added your email address to the existing report for it. While I can’t say for certain when this will get resolved, I can promise that we’ll let you know when it’s rolled out!"

So I’d love to know if you’re working on fixing this issue because it makes the integration really annoying and borderline useless to use. (If I got an email twice every time, I’d think it was weird, and automated, which is what I’d like to avoid patrons to know. It feels nicer to receive a personalized message that’s not automated, then one that is clearly automated, and then get that twice. )

Thanks so much!
Marie-Noëlle

1 Like

Hey @Marie-Noelle_Wurm, thank you for writing in and bringing this to my attention! I’ll surface this to the team asap.

1 Like

Hey @Marie-Noelle_Wurm, just wanted to quickly give you an update. Our team has reported this bug so our engineering team can investigate it. Right now, we’ve only heard from you that this is happening which makes understanding why it’s happening a little harder but we’ll continue to look into it as I totally understand that the experience is frustrating.

1 Like

Hi and thanks so much!
A probably related issue I"m having is that my notifications page always shows my new member pledges TWICE! Hadn’t thought of the connection but it would make sense that this is connected. If there’s any chance you could check this/fix this, that’d be awesome. (though maybe it’s already fixed (?) because this month it doesn’t seem to have it pop up that way!)
On another note, I just had a new member pledge and somehow the Zapier zap didn’t get triggered at all - the last time it worked was for my previous new pledger, on the 19th of July. Did Patreon somehow deactivate the zap integration since then or something? I’ve changed absolutely nothing since last time it got activated.
Thanks so much!
Marie-Noëlle

Hi there! I’ve been having this bug for a while too. Every new member pledge pings twice, so I get twice the rows in my spreadsheet, twice the welcome tweets, twice the ClickUp cards… And just like Marie, in the last 2 months, the integration has stopped working entirely. I’ve had several new patrons and no integration pings since early July.